Friday 30 March 2012

Shazam!

Hey guys, I know I'm being kind of biased with my posts, since the vast majority of the products I'm reviewing are ones I really like, but too bad so sad!!

Anyway, this post today is about a smartphone app called Shazam. Have you ever been in those situations where you hear a really good song on the radio and want to remember it to download it to your Ipod later on? So you try to make out a couple lyrics to find the song on Google later on... and when you get in front of your computer you TOTALLY forget them! I know this has happened to me dozens of times, and it is really frustrating!!
Shazam Logo



Well, interestingly enough, this app is one of the main reasons I got a smartphone. Sad, I know, but this lyric-memory problem really drove me crazy! So as soon as I got my phone I quickly downloaded Shazam, which is the song identifying app.

When you hear a song you like at a club, in a restaurant, on the radio, all you need to do is whip out your phone, press the Shazam app, and PRESTO! The app takes about 15 seconds to identify the song and artist for you! But it doesn't stop there, it also shows you the Youtube music videos associated with the song, gives you the lyrics AND even tour information of the band/artist!! And this app is free, can you believe it?


I give the product a rating of 8.5/10. I'll list the pros and cons of this app:

Pros:

  • It's free and takes up hardly any memory on your phone, so it's really not a hassle to have. 
  • As mentioned before, it goes above and beyond just identifying the song title. 
  • I notice there are frequent upgrades for the app, making it faster and more accurate in identifying the song.
  • No more scribbling down lyrics on little pieces of paper! The songs are all recorded and listed on your phone, for you to check up whenever you want. Definitely saves a lot of trouble!
Cons: 
  • It has to be relatively quiet for the phone to accurately pick up the song. The best way to use this app is if you're listening to the radio, and using it in public can sometimes be ineffective. If there is too much background noise (people talking, traffic, etc.) the phone will not be able to identify the song. 
So, as you might have guessed, I am a big fan of this app! I have about twenty songs in my history, and it's saved me many headaches! I recommend it for any music love out there! It works on Iphones, Blackberries, Androids, and many other phones! So what you waiting for?


No comments:

Post a Comment