Saturday 4 February 2012

Magic Sacs really are magic!

My first review! I'll try and make it a good one :)


So in our house, we've always had these bags that we'd call "magie sacs", which were basically cotton bags filled with rice or beans. 
You pop em in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, and VOILA! A heated bag for those cold winter nights, painful cramps or post-gym back soreness. 


So do these things work? Do I recommend them?


YES!!!!!!




When it comes to cramps or muscle stiffness, I'd chose these bags over Tylenol or Advil any day. It works very quickly, and keeps you nice and warm in the process. For those of you who've never tried one, I highly recommend you give it a chance!!


Don't you hate slipping into a freezing cold bed on a typical Canadian winter night? Pop this thing under your covers while you're brushing your teeth, and you'll come back to a toasty warm bed! 


So where can you find these things? Personally, I don't remember where we got any of the ones in the above photo (we have about 5 in total), but I do know a company called MagicBag, and you can buy them at most Pharmaprix and Jean Coutus. However, they are really quite expensive for what they are (35$ for a bag of rice?), so I'd recommend browsing in smaller stores, or if you're feeling creative, make one of your own! 



I'd rate this product 8/10, because though it works very well, it can be a wee bit expensive, and difficult to find. However if you find a cheap one, I would definitely give it a shot :)


Plz comment and let me know if you have one, and would like to share your experience with it!

1 comment:

  1. Will you be my valentine? yea they are the bomb!! my girlfriend got me attached to one when i got indigestion and a sore muscle from being worked out to much or just plain old muscle aches, anyway i highly recommend for what ever the purpose is!

    ps i love you

    ReplyDelete